Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Training for Parenthood

My parents say that they "practiced parenting" a lovely dog (her name was Laila), since they thought having two social workers for parents would be hard on the kids. Story goes, we all turned out fine, dog was a mess.

So the kittens are CLEARLY making us practice for (God willing) parenthood. They do not listen to "no" on the first or second time. Though, they do obey the water squirter. And, what IS the fascination with the dishwasher and with the refrigerator????

Ok, now I really must go to work. I've been feeling too cruddy to go all am, and now I really must go. Besides, we need to do all kinds of name change craziness.

1 comment:

babs said...

Go fig. :). But kudos on your parents for having some thought about how having kids affects everybody. Not like I'm surprised.

But yeah, kittens. Okay, my cats are past the kitten stage (which is probably a good thing), and are mostly goodish. (or they walk all over me.) But Calliope has the similar fascination with the dishwasher and fridge and the front door where she sleeps.

And I think they also help us practice patience. But good thing, the kitties are cute.